Foxintelligence welcomes you to Greenfox, a free service available on a mobile application whose purpose is to track the carbon footprint of online purchases.
The fact that Greenfox is free depends on our ability to finance the service independently of any payment requested from the user. Therefore, its economic model is based on the elaboration, from the transactional data recovered from your mailbox, of anonymised data for statistical purposes that we then market to economic operators in order to enable them to improve their products and services and to refine their knowledge of the markets. Foxintelligence undertakes not to pass on any personal data about you to these operators and informs you that it does not use your personal data for advertising targeting purposes.
These general terms and conditions of use are intended to inform you about the operation of Greenfox as well as the rules to be respected and the guarantees you benefit from when using it.
The present general terms and conditions establish a quid pro quo mechanism between the rights granted to each party, i.e. in this case:
- The right for the user to benefit free of charge from the service of tracking his online expenses and their associated carbon footprint.
- The right for Foxintelligence to extract the data contained in the transactional emails received by the user to market data for statistical purposes.
For a better understanding of these general terms and conditions, the following terms shall be understood:
- Cleanfox/Greenfox": a service made available free of charge to the user by Foxintelligence via IOS and Android and offering an automatic tool for monitoring the carbon footprint of his online purchases;
- "User": refers to any Internet user who has installed Greenfox and has registered for the service for one or more of his personal mailboxes
- "Mailbox": means the e-mail box entered by the user when registering for Greenfox and synchronised with the Greenfox tool in order to benefit from the service for monitoring his online expenditure and the associated carbon footprint.
- Carbon footprint calculation: operation that consists in identifying the order confirmation emails in your mailbox thanks to targeting tools and filters in order to give you back the carbon footprint of your purchases.
- "Transactional email": refers to the email sent automatically and instantaneously by an online seller to the user to inform him/her of the follow-up of an online purchase (order confirmation, delivery follow-up and confirmation, invoice, etc.), to send him/her a commercial prospecting message (newsletter) or to provide him/her with any kind of assistance (support email) and whose data are extracted by Foxintelligence within the framework of its activity of producing data for statistical purposes.
These general terms and conditions come into force from their acceptance by the User at the time of creating his Greenfox account until its final closure.
These general terms and conditions are enforceable as soon as they are accepted by the user when downloading the Greenfox service and registering for it.
Any registration to Greenfox implies the prior and unreserved acceptance of these terms and conditions, which you are invited to read carefully. If you do not agree with their terms, we ask you to delete your Greenfox account.
Please note that the applicable terms and conditions are always the latest version accessible via Greenfox and that you cannot object to the old terms and conditions.
If you are a minor, you are deemed to have received permission from your parents or guardian prior to installing Greenfox.
6. Inscription to Greenfox
The use of Greenfox requires a prior registration to the service on the application with a valid and personal email address. The registration procedure follows the following steps:
- Step 1: you enter your email address, it being specified that only email addresses provided on a personal basis by the usual email services (Gmail, Live, Hotmail, Outlook, iCloud, Orange, Yahoo, MSN, etc.) are recognised, excluding addresses with professional domains.
- Step 2: You must read and accept these terms and conditions and the Greenfox user data protection policy and agree to give Foxintelligence access to your emails in order to benefit from the Greenfox service (we only use your transactional and promotional emails and never any of your personal emails). By validating the registration, you confirm the creation of your account and the synchronization of Greenfox with your email address
- Step 3: (For Gmail, Hotmail, Outlook, Live, MSN, Yahoo, Icloud, for other email addresses, go to step 6 directly). In order to ensure that you are the originator of the connection to Greenfox, you must activate the two-step authentication. This increases the security of the account connection. For Gmail, Yahoo and Icloud messaging systems: you will receive a code by SMS, by telephone or via a validation invitation on your smartphone via the Android system or the Gmail application on the iPhone. For Hotmail, Outlook, Live, MSN: you receive a code by email to a secondary address, by SMS or a validation invitation on your smartphone via the Microsoft Authenticator application.
- Step 4: (For Gmail, Hotmail, Outlook, Live, MSN, Yahoo, Icloud, for other email addresses, go to step 6 directly) you need to create an application password, i.e. a one-time password generated by your provider to ensure your first connection to Greenfox. On the application, we allow you to choose in this step a manual configuration (you do the steps yourself) or an automatic one (Greenfox does them for you)
- Step 5 (only for Gmail mailboxes): you have to activate the IMAP protocol from your mailbox.
- Step 6: For Gmail, Hotmail, Outlook, Live, MSN, Yahoo, Icloud, you must finally fill in the application password created previously.
- Step 7: Once your registration is complete, Greenfox will start synchronising your mailbox in order to isolate the newsletters according to the procedure indicated below. As our service is designed to track your online spending and associated carbon footprint, we have chosen not to send you an email confirming the installation of Greenfox.
You can add or remove a mailbox at any time by using the mailbox feature. Adding mailboxes will allow you to add online purchases made with them simultaneously through the same user account.
To register on Greenfox, you identify yourself using your email address and, depending on the email service you use, either the password associated with your email box or the automatically generated, one-time application password.
It is your responsibility to ensure that these credentials, in this case the email address and password where required, are accurate, up-to-date and complete, and to comply strictly with the rules set by your email service regarding the choice and updating of credentials.
Any use of Greenfox with your account is attributed to you. Consequently, you are solely responsible for the preservation and confidentiality of your identifiers as well as the acts and actions of any person using your account, even without your knowledge. Therefore, we will not be liable for any illegal or fraudulent use of Greenfox.
8. Identification function for transactional emails
Greenfox's online spend tracking service begins by identifying transactional emails using email subject and address targeting tools to create a comprehensive list.
In a second step, Greenfox shows you the list of your online purchases and the carbon footprint of each of them. But also classified by category. You will have the choice to perform different actions such as:
- Displaying the purchases made so that their carbon footprint is counted in your overall carbon footprint
- Offsetting your carbon footprint by using a second hand solution
- Hiding some of these purchases so that they are not counted in your overall carbon footprint.
9. Statistics function
In return for providing the service of tracking your online spending free of charge, we use the transactional data extracted from your email box to compile data for statistical purposes for various economic operators.
First, we use email subject line and address filtering techniques to identify transactional emails, which exclude any personal communication you may have received.
Once these have been identified, we use a data extraction tool to extract from each of them the relevant transactional data, i.e. the data that qualifies the transaction. This raw data is then enriched using artificial intelligence techniques to obtain additional details on the purchases made, but which cannot be used to identify you in any way whatsoever, as Foxintelligence uses proven pseudonymisation techniques at this stage.
From this structured data, data is compiled for statistical purposes for various economic operators.
10. No access to your emails
We access your mailbox with the sole purpose of identifying transactional emails and allowing you to see the details of your online purchases. Secondly, to identify your transactional emails in order to extract data for statistical purposes.
As part of this access, we guarantee that our teams do not freely browse your mailboxes. Instead, we use email subject and address filtering tools to identify transactional emails and then, without actually accessing them, extract the relevant data, which provides information about the transaction.
Therefore, we can guarantee that we respect the confidentiality of correspondence: on the one hand, we do not access any personal email concerning you, and on the other hand, we do not extract any data from such emails.
On a residual and occasional basis, a limited number of our staff may access your transactional emails in order to develop and improve our email filtering and relevant transactional data extraction tools.
11. Suspension and closure of the account
You can close your account at any time by following the procedure indicated in the FAQ accessible on the site www.greenfoxapp.com. In the settings of your account, select the email address that enabled you to create your Greenfox account and click on "Delete this mailbox".
Closing your account, for whatever reason, implies an end to the synchronisation between your mailbox and Greenfox as well as the loss of the benefit of the service offered through it.
In the event that Foxintelligence determines that you are in violation of these terms and conditions, Foxintelligence reserves the right to suspend your account at any time, temporarily or permanently, without notice or notice.
12. Intellectual property
The fact of installing and using Greenfox does not imply any transfer to the user of intellectual property rights to Greenfox or its content.
The Greenfox service and all of its constituent elements, including but not limited to trademarks, designs, models, images, texts, photos, logos, software, programs, graphic charts, domain names, icons, slogans, design or any other information or media displayed or cited on Greenfox, are the exclusive property of Foxintelligence and are protected by copyright, trademark, patent and any other intellectual or industrial property right recognized by the laws in force.
In any case, we grant you a simple right to use Greenfox for personal purposes for the whole world and for a period limited to the time of installation of Greenfox on your terminal and revoked when you stop using it.
Consequently, the user is prohibited from taking any action that may directly or indirectly infringe on the intellectual property rights of Foxintelligence.
The user is therefore strictly prohibited from reproducing, representing, using, adapting, modifying, reconstructing, modifying, translating, marketing, representing or obtaining unauthorised access to all or part of Greenfox and/or the aforementioned elements without our prior express authorisation.
The user acknowledges that any use of the aforementioned elements contrary to these terms and conditions shall constitute an infringement punishable under the Intellectual Property Code. Foxintelligence reserves the right to take legal action against any person who does not comply with this prohibition.
Foxintelligence makes its best efforts, in accordance with the rules of the art, to secure Greenfox and protect it from any fraudulent intrusion or computer attack whatsoever, the protection and security measures implemented being obviously adapted to the risks weighing on your data and your private life.
Nevertheless, given the exponential nature of technological developments, you acknowledge that Greenfox is not immune to the vagaries of the Internet and its flaws and that no service is infallible.
In the event that a security breach is detected, we may, at our sole discretion and without prior notice, suspend Greenfox in whole or in part for an indefinite period of time or take any action necessary to protect your data and the service.
You are welcome to inform us by email at email@example.com of any information that may help us prevent or reduce potential security risks to Greenfox and your data.
14. Personal data
Foxintelligence acts in accordance with the regulations relating to the protection of personal data, in particular the General Data Protection Regulation, the updated Data Protection Act and the recommendations of the CNIL.
For more information on the processing of your data, you can refer to the Greenfox user data protection policy by clicking here
You acknowledge that you have been informed by a banner that, when using Greenfox, cookies may be installed on your terminal.
16. Limitation of liability
Foxintelligence, in providing Greenfox, is subject to an obligation of means. You acknowledge that you are solely responsible for your use of Greenfox.
You declare that you are aware of and accept the characteristics and limitations of the Internet, operating systems and electronic communication networks and acknowledge that Greenfox is subject to the hazards associated with the latter and the proper functioning of your terminal and of the third-party sites and services of newsletter senders.
You further acknowledge that since Greenfox is dependent on access to your mailbox, the Greenfox service will not function if access to your mailbox is prevented for any reason. However, we cannot be responsible for any inability to access or malfunction of your mailbox, you should contact your email service provider.
We deploy the most efficient tools possible to identify transactional emails stored in your mailbox, but given technological developments and the diversity with which email senders are likely to name them, we cannot be held responsible for a mistake in identifying a transactional email. We therefore invite you to regularly check the contents of your inbox and your recycle bin.
We make our best efforts, in accordance with the rules of the art, to provide a quality, functional and pleasant service, 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, subject to cases of force majeure, possible breakdowns or maintenance interventions necessary for the proper functioning of the service.
Consequently, we do not offer any guarantee of continuity in the use of Greenfox and we cannot be held liable for any failure, slowdown, interruption or saturation of the Internet connection or, in general, for the unavailability of the service for any reason whatsoever.
Greenfox is provided free of charge, excluding the cost of an Internet subscription with a telephone operator. We shall not be held liable for any additional costs incurred as a result of using the service, whatever the cause.
17. Evidence agreement
Agreements, clicks, or other evidence of your activity and decisions made on your Greenfox account are kept under reasonable security conditions and are therefore considered as evidence of the communications between us. This provision shall be deemed to be an evidentiary agreement.
The fact that we do not take advantage of a breach by you shall not be interpreted as constituting a waiver on our part of the right to take action to remedy the breach.
If one or more of the stipulations herein are held to be invalid or declared as such in application of a law, a regulation or following a final decision of a competent court, the other stipulations shall retain all their force and scope.
20. Update of the general conditions
We reserve the right to modify these terms and conditions at any time to take into account improvements to Greenfox, the addition of new features or any update justified by any regulatory change.
No prior notice will be given of any update to the terms and conditions that does not affect your rights and obligations, and you will be able to view the applicable version on Greenfox.
In the event that the update of the general terms and conditions implies a change in your rights and obligations, a new version of the general terms and conditions will be made available to you, which you will be required to accept within thirty (30) days of their publication online. To do this, it is up to you to continue to use the service or not, it being specified that in the absence of unsubscribing from the service after the new general terms and conditions have been opposed, the latter will be considered as accepted.
21. Applicable law and jurisdiction
The present general conditions are governed by French law. This applies to the rules of substance and form, notwithstanding the place of performance of the substantial or accessory obligations.
The French courts shall have jurisdiction to hear any dispute relating to these general terms and conditions of use of Greenfox.
If you have any questions about the use of Greenfox, you can contact Foxintelligence at firstname.lastname@example.org